Sunday, 24 October 2010

Now this really is a scandal

For those of us who have known people with cancer, we know all too well that time is of the essence when you're trying to fight this awful disease.
Now the Government scrapped plans to speed up tests for the disease.
This is the same Government, of course, who came into office with promises of improving treatment for cancer patients.
As Ciaran Devane, chief exec at Macmillan Cancer Support puts it, 'Earlier diagnosis makes a huge difference to saving lives.'
But it appears the Government have done a huge U-turn.
I really wish I could say I was surprised.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, not surprised either but extremely disgusted by their actions. Full of false promises as per usual.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree. I was seen so quickly when my cancer was first suspected and I know it really improved the outlook for me. One of my first blog posts was on this back in July. Knew they would let us down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in Law only survived Throat Cancer by early detection .. this is outrageous.

    ReplyDelete