Friday, 25 September 2009

How much David Mitchell is too much?

We have a saying in our house: 'It's another quiz show with David Mitchell.' It's not an understatement. Right now, on any evening of the week, you can find a quiz show (new or repeated) where David Mitchell is a panellist. QI, 8 out of 10 Cats, Would I Lie To You, Mock the Week - after a while they all start to blend into one. And now of course he's back in the latest series of Peep Show on Channel 4 as well.
Now don't get me wrong. I like watching David Mitchell. He's an extremely witty man, a good actor, and I enjoy his slightly superior stance and sarky quips. He's like a young Stephen Fry. But there's a real danger that he's going to be over-exposed, and there's nothing guaranteed to kill off a career faster than that.

1 comment:

  1. Now, now, this is the hallowed David Mitchell we are talking about here. Please please do not compare Him to that sulky windbag Stephen Fry.

    Trying to see your argument logically but all I can see is "Mark Corrigan" and my urge to cradle him against my breasts. xxx

    ReplyDelete