Tuesday, 24 February 2009

In praise of the nano break

This time last year - in other words, BCC (Before Credit Crunch) - I was winging my way to Berlin for the night. Just two and a half hours after leaving Heathrow, I was in my friend's apartment in Charlottenburg, enjoying kaffee und kuchen. That night, we went to one of the city's coolest new clubs, and the following day there was plenty of time for shopping and sightseeing before taking the early evening shuttle home. I had only been gone for 32 hours, but I'd experienced a different culture, atmosphere, and my batteries were fully recharged.
Apparently, thousands of us are now taking 'nano breaks'. No doubt this has more to do with economics than a desire for just one night away, but take it from me. Whether it's Berlin, Brighton, Bognor or Barcelona, sometimes one night is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment